Monday, April 13, 2009

A tid bit about Moi!



Asalamu alaikom to everyone, my name is Amanda and I'm kinda new to this blogging stuff, but it seems like a fun way to express myself and to connect to others.

Here is just a little introduction to me and my life! I live in Texas with my husband, who is the most amazing man currently walking on earth (besides my father :)). We are both students, he is majoring in International Business and Affairs, and I am studying Nursing. I work full time at a hospital as a patient care technician. I absolutely LOVE my job! Sure, it is a bit frustruating at times, however, nothing could surpass it's rewards.

I reverted to Islam about 3 years ago after being exposed to some brothers who showed me a truly bad example of Islam, but Alhamdulillah, it made me start reading about it and I soon discovered its beauty and decided to embrace it fully. My family is wonderful, and has supported me fully and not once expressed resentment or disappointment in my decision to stop practicing Christianity.

In the future, I would like to open a Women's Health Clinic offering women's health classes on a sliding price scale to women of all ages on topics such as: puberty, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, menopause, and how to generally embrace being a woman. My husband thinks this is a wonderful idea and is willing to take care of the business aspect of it!

As far as hobbies go, I enjoy spending time with my family. I like making goals, over and over again, and revising the goals and making more goals (I'm wierd like that). Exercising has recently became a nice activity for me, because of my desire to have ideal health. I like cooking, I just don't like my current kitchen due to its lack of room.

I love making friends and sharing thoughts an opinions with others. Just ask and I will generally tell as long as it is not too personal or inappropriate!

Salam,


Zawja Marouane

1 comment:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum from Cape Town, South Africa and welcome to the lovely world of blogging!

    Take care,
    Washi :-)

    ReplyDelete